Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to the first post, of my first blog EVER! I would first like to thank you for taking the time to read this, whether your one of my long time friends, a blog follower, a random stumbler, or someone seeking to began learning to cook and/or travel. Welcome all! 

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Matt Ryan, I have been a chef for about 8 yrs. I've worked in country clubs, kosher kitchens, college campuses. I went to Culinary School, and have my Associates of Applied Sciences in Hospitality Management. My strength is thinking outside the box, and problem solving in the kitchen.

As far as my travel background goes, I have spent a month in Europe, special thanks to my friend Andrew Goh and his father Tony, going to Switzerland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Amsterdam, and Benelux (Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg). I've spent a couple weeks in Ireland with my family for an adventurous family reunion touring castles, pubs, cemeteries, and green rolling hills.  I spent 2 weeks walking like an Egyptian in the lovely country of Egypt, taking tours of tombs, seeing the famous pyramids, getting sold a lot of things for the "Egyptian Price", a hot air balloon ride over the Valley of the Kings, and a wonderful cruise boat trip down the Nile River! I have event spent most of a day trapped in a Czech Republic airport (that doesn't count as a visit, trust me). I have been on 4 cruises to all sorts of tropical paradises: Cozumel, Nassau, Guatemala, Key West, Belize, Coco Cay, and Castaway Cay. I've spanned the continental United States, going to countless places. And as far as non-continental US, I have visited Hawaii 6 times, special thanks to my friend Corwyn Bickel and his lovely wife Nikki. There is still much of the globe that needs to be seen, but this is as far as I've gotten to date!

I ski (water or snow), scuba, hike, drink, dance, surf, build sand castles, snow shoe, eat, and have a blast. Traveling and food are my passion! And I hope that this blog will reflect that, and help share my knowledge and experience from my countless years of travel and cooking. I figure why learn from YOUR mistakes, when you can learn from mine! Expect great photos, stories, and tips from all of my travels!



Travelin' Matt

Very special thanks to Geri Ryan and Micheal Ryan for instilling in me the passion for travel, adventure, and thrill seeking. I couldn't ask for a better set of parents!

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget your mom made u a disney kid with many trip to the kingdom and to disney land and the boat.
    also 7 years traveling inside the airline industry.
    even local trips with family and boy scouts.
    You need to put your puppet and doll on web site

    ReplyDelete